On March 24, 2011, the Nigerian entertainment industry suffered a painful loss as fast-rising
Nigerian comedian, Chijioke John ‘CD John‘ was pronounced dead.
It can’t be denied the late artiste had a bright future in front of him as he emerged as one of the most promising acts in Nigeria’s stand-up comedy industry back in 2010.
John’s comedy was centered around the diverse ways Christian praise and worship leaders from different ethnic backgrounds sang in church.
It’s five years now and as the industry mourns, we take you through the facts that led to his tragic loss.
1. CD had just finished at a job he was hosting that held at Tribecca night club, Victoria Island, Lagos when he hit an oncoming vehicle in front of him .
2. Before his death, he had just finished hosting Harrysong‘s album.
3. The late star was also with Gulder Ultimate Search Season 7 winner Kunle Oluwaremi , and others but unfortunately he was the only one who died.
4. John was driving his car, a black Golf 2 with his girlfriend, Ebere beside him.
5. His corpse was later moved from St. Nicholas hospital to the Lagos State University Teaching Hospital (LASUTH) morgue in a convoy led by comedians, Ali Baba, Gbenga Adeyinka the 1st, MC Abbey, Princess and others.
6. Chijioke John was buried at the Atan
Cemetery in Yaba, Lagos on Wednesday , April 20, 2011 in a quiet ceremony.